CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

My son got a dui.

My son got a dui. They did the breathalizer test. His results were a little more than double the legal limit of the .08. We r confused on the Dirvers Hearing Request. Does it get filled out or not? it cost 200 dollars. What will happen next.?

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

What State did this happen in?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX in the state of Washington. My son is 21 yrs old. first dui.

He would have 20 days from the date of arrest, to request a hearing. This is separate and apart from the court hearing and he would need to pay the $200, unless he is found indigent. Here is a link that provides all the forms and links, to request the hearing and pay.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/dui.html