Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

Oregon State Police Traffic Stop Procedures. What if anything

Oregon State Police Traffic Stop...
Oregon State Police Traffic Stop Procedures. What if anything are state troopers required to do upon stopping a vehicle? Ticket issued for following too close.
1. Do they have to identify themselves?
2. Do they have to state the reason for the stop?
3. Can they ask questions after handing the ticket back to the driver?
4. If other driver was impeding traffic, is there a minimum line-up of traffic to qualify as impeding traffic? State Hwy.
Thanks, BobS
1/25/2011
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney

Alex Esquire :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to answer your question.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

1) State Troopers/Police Officers do not have to identify themselves (even though they can) if in full uniform and wearing a name tag.

2) The reason for the stop does have to be stated.

3) Yes cops can ask questions after the ticked is issued a handed over to the motorist.

4) There is no minimum "line-up" traffic that would qualify for impeding traffic. Vehicle operator is always responsible for keeping a safe distance between his car and the vehicle in front of it.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney