How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel-II Your Own Question
Samuel-II, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  I have been handling minor traffic offenses for more than 20 years.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Samuel-II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration sent me a Point system

Customer Question

Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration sent me a Point system letter and asked me for administrative hearing, but they revoked my licence because of failed to pay the fee. And they denied my appeal.
I had 10 points from in tow years from the date they issue a letter first time.
I have 8 points from the date, they revoked my license.(DUI first time)
In this case could they revoke my license? What I need to do? They asked me to surrender the license.The case is in Circuit Court for denieal of my hearing.I found now actully it is not 12 points which they are claiming . What I need to do to let Court know about this ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 7 years ago.


a driver's license will be revoked if a person has between 8 and 11 points depending on what the pts are for

there are different types of suspensions as can be viewed at this link

Points Suspension

Collecting eight to 11 points, but none of the offenses involving alcohol or drugs, will get you this notice. It is the lighter of the two overall, but not by much: a license suspension still means you cannot drive. If you receive a letter from the MVA informing you that this action is being taken you essentially can do two things:

  • Return your license via mail or in person at any MVA office. Depending on the infraction(s) involved, the suspension could last anywhere from three months to one year.
  • If you disagree with the notice, you have 15 days to appeal and ask for a hearing. Luckily, the form that the MVA sends out has detailed instructions on how to go about making this request. Once the hearing application is processed, the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) will get in touch with you letting you know where to go, when, and at what time. Until the hearing your license is still considered suspended and you are not allowed to operate a vehicle