HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech/Toyota Certified
Experience:  30 years Auto experience, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

What is involved in fixing a catalytic converter in a 2008

what is involved in fixing a catalytic converter in a 2008 Toyota Prius? and what is the usual cost?

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer! I am sorry to hear you are having car issues. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help answer your questions. Please allow me a few minutes in between our responses to review your information. I may ask several questions to get more information so please bear with me as I look up any needed information to give you a correct answer.

The website will prompt a phone call automatically but is not needed right away unless you prefer to talk verses type.

The converter is part of the front pipe and the part runs over 2k on average for the whole pipe assembly. labor is about an hours labor. So shop rates run around 100 bucks an hour or more.

If you need more help please let me know. Thank you for using Just Answer!