Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra. I bought it from a guy who

Customer Question
Yes I have a...

Yes I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I bought it from a guy who overheated it for $1600 bucks

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Took the cover off and will take it in to machine shop to see if they can machine it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

With 24 valves 4.7 liter it can get expensive fast

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Toyota
5/31/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician

What exactly is your question?

Hello I bought the truck for $1600 bucks. Heads are bad. Is it worth machining if machinable or replacing engine?
If worth replacing engine in your opinion do you have an engine interchange doc that would show me what makes and models I can do an engine swap out of based on vin number?