Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2001 Toyota Camry, 6 cyl. I was driving home from…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 Toyota Camry, 6 cyl. I was driving home from work today and suddenly noticed the temp gauge climbing. I pulled the car to the side of the road and shut it off. I lifted the hood and could feel the high temp under the hood. I left the car there for several hours and had to refill the engine coolant. I tried to start the car several times, the engine turned over like a new car, but would not start. Could I have popped a fuse somewhere?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I had no noise, but when I went back to start the car it turned over as rapidly as it always had, but the car would not star. Could I have blown a fuse because of the overheating?t

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Making sure the coolant was full and that the cars engine had completely cooled down. I could not see any problems except the engine would not start.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I had stopped for gas about 30 minutes before this happened. There where no engine noises, it just refused to start.
5/30/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 24 days ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Rarely ever does an overheat issue blow a fuse. Often it blows out the head gasket or cracks heads which drops compression.

Prior to assuming that is to blame. Do you know how to check fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse?

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 20 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris