Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Need to replace evaporator core in a 2007 Avalon. I see the…

Customer Question
Need to replace evaporator...

Need to replace evaporator core in a 2007 Avalon. I see the previous person had the same request and Paul M posted the procedure but it has expired. Can that be reposted?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a technician in a shop and just wanted to see what I'm getting myself in to before I commit to the job.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Toyota
5/29/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall. To be honest? this is not one of the easier ones. Book time is 8.8 hours and most all dash is removed, then the HVAC case, then the case is broken down to change the core. Yes, there are some sub files but we are limited on file sizes we can send so I have attached the main procedure on how to remove the HVAC and a diagram showing a breakdown of the case, The file is in .pdf format. Hope all goes ok with it if you take the job.

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , .
Keep in mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
Follow Up Questions are included in The price of your question ,So feel Free To Ask Me
You can Always come back to this conversation and ask me any Follow up Question you may? have
Many Thanks! Randall C