Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 scion blower doenst work. Xa. 40a fuse marked heater is…

Customer Question
2006 scion blower doenst...

2006 scion blower doenst work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Scion?

Xa

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your xA yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. 40a fuse marked heater is good, reseated the relay marked heater

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

115k and yes

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
xa
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
hello
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
are you there?
5/27/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 27 days ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Sorry about the delay we work from home to help people we were not like sitting in a call center somewhere I'm actually sitting at LAX waiting to catch a flight.I would access the blower motor and try to manually power it up with power and ground to see if it works, the most likely cause of this is going to be at the blower motor is faulty and possibly the resistor pack. Try the blower motor on high speed and see if that works and if so then the resistor pack is faulty.If that doesn't work go to the blower motor and give it power and ground, and obviously if it still doesn't work then you need a new blower motor.car-part.com would be a good source for a used blower motor, or you can try seeing if yours just needs new brushes and maybe fix it that way.If I've answered your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept because that is the only way I get compensated for my time. If you need more help please let me know.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hello, it was so long between responses I didn’t know if you were still there or not. And by the time I saw your answer I had already quit working on the car. And I don’t know what a resistor pack is. So I don’t feel like I got much of an answer.
Toyota Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 26 days ago

I answered your question 15 minutes after you asked it, with the CORRECT answer I'm going to go out on a limb and say. I'll put you in for a refund, I don't work for the site I'm a contractor, I didn't even get paid because you didn't hit accept.

You not knowing what a resistor pack is, isn't really a valid excuse, it amounts to, "I came here to ask you how to fix my car, but I don't even know how the system works or functions, and even though you broke it down so far that I didn't even need to know how it functions, instead of asking you what a component is or where it is, I'm just going to give up."

Feel free to take it to a mechanic then, but your bill is going to be probably $500 to $700 for them to diagnose the problem, and sell you a blower motor and resistor pack, which is what changes the fan speeds, and the wires that gto the blower motor lead directly to the resistor pack.