Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Vsc and trac & engine lights are on.. Twice and they are…

Customer Question
Vsc and trac...

Vsc and trac & engine lights are on..

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?

Yes twice and they are still on..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

Don't know the code..

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Toyota?

2001 sr5 4 runner

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes ...unhook the battery but is a short fix..

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Toyota
5/25/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 27 days ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello and welcome to justanswer

When the check engine light turns on it will also cause the trac warning light to turn on, this is by design and it will remain on until the cause for the check engine light is fixed first, since you don't have the code information I'm going to ask you to get this information for me so that I can help you take care of this problem, I assume that you reside in the US, you can have the diagnostic codes retrieved at most of the larger auto parts stores like Autozone, Advance Auto etc, they do this at no charge unless you have a code reader or know someone you can borrow one from, after you have the code information for the check engine light I'll be happy to help you with recommendations on how to proceed.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
OK will do that thanks

I'll check back with you later, thank you.