Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna. The cooling fans stopped

Customer Question
Hi,I have a 2004...

Hi,I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna. The cooling fans stopped working. I replaced the fan ECU ,Now it only works.When the A/C light is on and A/C fan switch is turned on. A/C clutch will not engage. I read main ECU . Both A/C and Fan say N/A .

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Yes the A/C just stopped mid travelling and trans is acting like it can't deside for sure when to go into 4th

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to think so?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am old time mechanic

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/2/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Do both fans or just one come on? Does the engine start to over heat without the A/C on?

Hi Peter, I am Richard.Both fans come on.only if I turn on the A/C. If I don't it just starts to get hot. But the Temp.guage reads only half way up. I changed the temp sending unit first.Then the fan module.

Yes both should come on with the A/C engaged and one with the A/C not running, does this happen? Does one come on with just the engine running when the engine warms up?

Hi Peter, No fan comes on.then the motor gets hot.no fan turns on. The only way to turn a fan on is by turning on the A/C
Hi Peter, Let's talk on the phone. I am on the road till 8pm.tomorrow. I will email my number tomorrow night. Thank You!

You can request a phone call service through this sight as we do not do personal calls. In the mean time I will pull up our wiring diagram for this and be ready to walk you through it when yo are ready on your end.