Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 camry xle 2004 moonroof won't close it partially slides…

Customer Question
2004 camry xle 2004...

2004 camry xle 2004 moonroof won't close it partially slides but does not shut, froze in the tilt position not a calibration issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes the recal did not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there anyway to manually close the roof

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
I don't know if it is jammed on the wind deflector. do i have to remove the headliner to inspect it.
4/4/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and ready to assist you

No you do not need to drop the head liner at this time, most likely it is either something jamming it or the cables are worn. What you will need to do though is remove the glass so you can inspect the cables and mechanism. There are plastic covers on the inside that have to be removed so you can get at 4 nuts 2 on each side that hold the glass on the rails.

How do the covers get removed?

The plastic covers just pull out as they just are held in with clips. I can send you diagrams and complete procedures from our shop notes if you wish but will need you to accept a service so I can do so.

What does the service entail to before I agree to anything?

this service will allow me more Q&A time to send pictures and procedures from our shop manuals and also allow me the time to walk you through what you need to do the task. After you accept and forward the payment I will proceed to supply you with the info. Is there any thing else I can answer about this for you?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.