Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Someone cleaned out my 2015 Toyota sienna. Maybe she pressed…

Customer Question
Someone cleaned out my...

Someone cleaned out my 2015 Toyota sienna. Maybe she pressed a button she should not have. neither key fobs work now

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes replaced it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just have replaced the battery

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
4/1/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 3 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Do you have a push to start ignition .

Greg

are we still connected
should I be expecting a response

Yes .

Okay first i need you to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes .

Then reconnect and lock and unlock the doors with the key fob.

If fob does not work then you will have to go and visit a lock smith or the dealer to have the fob

reprogrammed ,there is no on board self programming with this system on the newer 2015 models .

Hop the reset works for you with disconnecting the battery .

Just one note if you bought the vehicle new from the dealer he will probably do this for free

other wise you will be charged around one hr shop time.

This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

by disconnect - do you mean remove battery from the key fob for 10 minutes and then re-insert

No sorry i mean the vehicle battery not the fob battery .

Greg

All you need to do is disconnect the negative cable for 10 minutes then reconnect .

Greg

Hi .

Did you sort out this issue .

Greg