Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

There is no power to the USB port that is next to the aux…

Customer Question
Hi there, there is...

Hi there, there is no power to the USB port that is next to the aux input on the lower part of the dashboard

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Ok. tsk.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
4/1/2018
Toyota Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 3 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an Automotive Technician for over 15 years, and currently working at a Toyota dealership.

My first suggestion would be to check the port with a few different cords and phones to rule out that the usb cord or phone isn't the problem. Then I would suggest replacing the USB port. You can then check for the wiring to the usb port to ensure that it has not been damaged in any way. But I have also seen many of these fail and the port itself has always the problem.

If you have any more questions, or would like any more information please dont hesitate to ask.

Nelson

Toyota Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington

how may I help you