Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I have a 2013 3.0l d4d. Everytime I put foot down on the

Customer Question

I have a 2013 3.0l d4d . Everytime I put foot down on the accelerator CEL comes on and blue and a lot of blueish smoke from the exhaust. Took it to my mechanic and advised that we replace the boost solenoid/ actuator. That was done but problem persists. Any ideas???
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It stays on
JA: What is the model of your '13 Toyota?
Customer: It when you switch engine off for about 3 minutes and restart no light and car runs a fairly smooth but have to.keep car below 2500 rpm
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a hilux
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I took it to mechanic
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

bluish smoke indicates excessive oil blowing by the rings , if it were more so on deceleration would be valve seals. There are a couple of things you can try to slow this down. , do an engine oil flush and additive such as LUCAS oil stabilizer.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.