Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

There is a triangle with exclamation, check engine with

Customer Question
HI .There is a...

HI .There is a triangle with exclamation mark, check engine with brakes systems symbol tgen it comes to a halt. Will only start after letting it off for few minutes and will do the same again .

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Toyota Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing . Put it on and off and then managed to park it somewhere

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/31/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

What specific model Toyota do you have in 2003? What engine is in it? Is it a hybrid?

A hybrid

Do you have access to generic code reader? Can you get to the nearby auto parts store and it runs well enough to have them do a free code read? In most states except California Virginia New York they do this is a free service. If not can you rent or borrow a code reader? You can purchase one these days for less than $50 it will at least let us take a look at what the malfunction codes are that would be set in the engine control computer. If there's something going on with a hybrid system in this car it should set a code in the engine computer. That causes all the other lights to cascade and come on. Are these something you be able to do?

i can do that

Okay post the code numbers for the engine control computer back here when you get them. Unfortunate screen doesn't do me any good I can't read Japanese. Frankly I don't think I've ever seen that come up like that.

Ok thanks

You're welcome. The only time this exclamation and warning light comes on as if there's a problem in the hybrid system and if you're losing power it sounds like something is going on in a hybrid system this could be something related to the HV battery.

Just post the code numbers back here after they print them out they should start with the P and have four digits after them.