Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

BSC, ABS, 4WD, Brake lights just came on. 2006 Toyota rav4.

Customer Question
BSC, ABS, 4WD, Brake...

BSC, ABS, 4WD, Brake lights just came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2006 Toyota rav4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

My daughter is driving it right now, so no and nothing.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/30/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

These lights coming on like this here indicates that the anti-lock brake and 4wd computer have detected a fault with one of the electrical components that is tied into the anti-lock brake and 4wd systems.An electrical component acting up/failing for both of these systems will cause all of these lights to come on.Usually, anti-lock brakes and 4wd is disabled while these lights are on but she will still have normal power brakes and can usually drive it to where she needs to take it to then get the fault codes read out and diagnosed and then repaired from there.

But what has to be done is she will need to have a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into her vehicles data port to read out the fault codes that are set in the computers.There will be at least one code set that will then help to diagnose and locate this issue here.Once that is done it can be diagnosed and repaired.

Any shop or dealer can read out, diagnose and repair the code set for a fee.In some cases, a local parts store can read out the codes at no charge to her.They usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give her an idea of what is at fault needing replaced or repaired.

One common component to cause the fault with both of these components is a failing wheel speed sensor needing replaced.But there are several other components that can cause this as well so the codes do need read out to help locate the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete