Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My daughter is at a drive in movie, and the alarm went off…

Customer Question
My daughter is at...

My daughter is at a drive in movie, and the alarm went off while she was in the car. She got the alarm to stop using the remote, but now the blue light under the dash is on, indicating the alarm system is armed. She has the accessories on, using the radio to hear the movie, and will eventually need to turn on the car to charge the battery. She is concerned the alarm will go off when she does. It has the Toyota dealer installed alarm system. It is a 2011 Prius.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Well, she is sitting at a drive in, and does not know how to do any of that. Just wondering if there is a way using the remote to make sure the alarm is deactivated.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2011 Prius

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

My daughter is trying to keep the alarm from going off, at a drive in. I am not with her. She has tried to disarm the alarm by pressing the disarm button on the remote. We are wondering if there is something else she can do, while sitting at a drive in, using the remote or the start button of the car.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 2 days by:
4/1/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 4 months ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved