Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Are you available? 2002 tacoma, 3.4L, manual, 4wd. I need to…

Hello, are you available? ...

Hello, are you available?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2002 tacoma, 3.4L, manual, 4wd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to replace transfer case indicator switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Switch replacement looks straight forward, but there is simply no room for a 27mm socket or wrench. How do the toyota guys do it?"

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have an answer to that question.

I know it's pretty tight there, what we do is , disconnect the driveshaft center bearing bracket from the body, put a jack under the rear of the trans close to the rear mount, then remove the outer bolts to the rear mount and lower the unit so you can work on it. Caution ; before you do this open the hood and watch you don't stretch any hoses

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician