Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Thge key fob is not working. I opened the door with the key,

Thge key fob is...

Thge key fob is not working. I opened the door with the key, but the engine wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes. I just replaced it today.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2009 Toyota Venza

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. i tried putting the fob against the start button and that doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Noo, I think thats it. I wondered if I could jumpstart the car.

3/29/2018
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

When you push the brake pedal does the little light indicator in the start button remain orange or does it turn green? Can you get anything on the display to light up or can you get the headlights and wipers to come on? Do the brake lights work when you push the brake pedal?

Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
No on all the questions
Phone call session started