Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2017 fuel pump isnt geting power, original, corrola, Yes…

Customer Question
2017 fuel pump isnt...

2017 fuel pump isnt geting power

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Toyota?

Corrola

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes it's just me, I have checked all the relays and fuses. and still no luck.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Toyota
3/28/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 27 days ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Just so that we are clear, have you tested the power going to the fuel pump, or is it that the vehicle just isn't starting?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I tested the pump with a test light. This car was in an accident, is there some kind of inertia switch?

Thank you. There is not an inertia switch in this vehicle. The pump is powered by the fuel pump control module, which is more than likely your issue, unless there is damaged wiring.

Just a moment, please.

Here, I am attaching the electrical information for the circuits with the areas of concern highlighted. If you are not receiving power and the wiring is sound, then you will need to inspect the pump control module. The best way to determine the cause and area of concern is to have the vehicle scanned for trouble codes.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I did scan it and it was not giving any codes

You may need to use a scanner that is able to communicate with that module. A simple scanner will not work. Do you know whether the vehicle dual variable valve timing?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
it is

Great. Then you will not need to worry about the module. This vehicle has two different pump circuit set ups. You have a C/OPN relay in the drivers side fuse box that could be the issue and needs to be inspected and replaced as necessary. Here is the electrical information for your circuits.

I​f this relay is sound, then the issue is going to be an open in the power wire that needs to be repaired.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Relay I attached an image

I'm sorry for the delay. Had to pack up and head in. Anyhow. This fuse box that you showed the image of is the under hood fuse box. You should be looking at the fuse box inside of the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No worries. The one inside under the dash? It has only fuses and no relays. It was a small plastic cover.

There should be a fuse box on the left end of the dash.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I’m not by the car now, but I’m 75% sure there wasn’t one there. Here’s The vin of that helps 5YFBURHE3HP637709

O​kay. Judging by the VIN that you have supplied(thank you). This vehicle has the first wiring set up. Which means that the fuel pump control module supplies the power to the fuel pump(You do not have the relay mentioned). What you will need to do is have the module tested and replaced as necessary. This module is located in the left rear side of the trunk. So you will be referring to the first electrical diagram.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok thanks I will check it out tomorrow

S​ounds great. Keep me posted. Also, please, do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can't seem to find that, I have remove the carpet in the trunk and can't find anything
Toyota Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 25 days ago
eric remington

hello can I have vin number please..is this your vehicle or customer vehicle?

Toyota Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 24 days ago

do you neeed help still

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington