Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My truck sat for a few months this winter while I was away,

Customer Question
Hey, My truck sat...

Hey, My truck sat for a few months this winter while I was away, it started, started chugging, and now will turn over but not start. Any suggestions? Im guessing its water in gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It started for about ten minutes, then went in and out of chugging and stalled. It turns over bu will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2000 Toyota Tundra V8 I just put in a new starter and new alternator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I putting high octane gas in the tank, hopefully when it settles Im going to try it. Any other suggestions? Im pretty sure its condensation in tank from winter storms and sitting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was going to use some starting fluid in the intake, because not at my house and I do not want to get a tow

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Toyota
3/28/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 27 days ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

It could be flooded if the injectors leaked down. Try this, Holding the gas pedal to the floor, crank the engine for about 20 seconds. This gives the engine all the air it can get, if that doesn't work, If you can pull a spark plug out and tell me if it smells like gas or if it's wet with gas, that maybe a sign just to let it sit for a few days and try it again, I believe if you get it fired up good and get it hot it should run ok after that.

Let me know what happens. thank you.

Edward
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician