Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2012 Prius C: Start battery keeps draining over time.

Customer Question
2012 Prius C: Start...

2012 Prius C: Start battery keeps draining over time. Replaced battery with brand new Toyota OEM battery. Same problem. Lights, dome light, still come on just fine. Car will not start. Replaced battery in Key FOB.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced battery. recharged battery with electronic recharger.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sometimes, the car will start back up after it sits one or two days. When it did restart, we took to Toyota. They could not duplicated the problem. They said there was a faulty brake switch, which could be the source. We paid to have it replaced. We are still having the same problem, now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/28/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

there is drain on the 12 volt battery in rear trunk or hv battery ?

Toyota dealer found no faults in hv system or any other module ,did you pay for scan and report ?

did they run this below test

https://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You