Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2002 Toyota Avalon XLS 3.0 DOHC Vin: 4T1BF28B52U231900 Need…

2002 Toyota Avalon XLS 3.0...
2002 Toyota Avalon XLS 3.0 DOHC Vin: 4T1BF28B52U231900 Need labor time and directions to change the rear motor mount
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Do not open any more question for this issue I am gathering the info requested.

just to clarify you are referring to the rear mount ie on the back of the engine by the firewall not at the back of the transmission.

sorry, my computer must have glitched, because it said sorry something happened and I went to check and the question wasn't there, so I re asked. Yes, at the back of the engine by firewall

OK standby.

Click this link and save the illustration it will time out. You will see in the picture the entire amount assembly bolts to the back of the block. In order to remove that and press the motor mount out of the housing the drive axle has to be removed. If you live where rust and corrosion are an issue or high humidity or lots of rain areas It will be virtually impossible to get that drive axle to slide out of the housing without damaging the bearing they are typically frozen in there. If that is the case you really only have two options try and disassembled the mount from the block with the drive axle in place and press it out or you cut the cage out of the bearing allow the balls to drop down to one side and then remove the inner race separate from the balls of the bearing to allow the drive axle to be removed but you will need to replace the bearing assembly with a new one. Once that's done then it's a matter of jacking the engine up removing the heatshield from the top of the mound so that you can get to the main bolt goes through the actual motor mount itself and the housing that bolts to the subframe. Remove the four bolts of the subframe and the four bolts holding it to the block. I personally wouldn't do this job for less than five hours however the flat rate manual says only 2.0 hours. FYI after checking your vehicle identification number do not know if you're aware but this car was totaled in October 17 due to flood damage. Hopefully you're aware of that. If you need any other specific information feel free to reply and I will get back to you otherwise please do not forget to rate the assistance I have provided to you today at three or higher and a five would be awesome thank you.

Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician