Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Srs code 41 on 1999 camry both airbags replaced module reset…

Srs code 41 on...

Srs code 41 on 1999 camry both airbags replaced module reset and both front seatbelts repaired and right front sensor replaced after a crash. airbag light stays on continously when car is running. any help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

No srs code 41 said faulty ground on squib is that internal on squib or external grd on unit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am doing work myself but nad component repairs and scan done by specialists

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can,t think of anything

3/27/2018
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Mechanic

Hi there - does this car have side airbags (probably in the seat)?

DTC 41 Short In Side Squib (RH) Circuit (to Ground)

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION

The side squib circuit consists of the airbag sensor assembly and side airbag assembly (RH).
It causes the SRS to deploy when the SRS deployment conditions are satisfied.
For details of the function of each component, see OPERATION.
DTC B0112/41 is recorded when ground short is detected in the side squib (RH) circuit.

Does that mean the right side airbag assembly I purchased used is defective? how can I access OPERATION DTC B0112/41? Is side mean in dash or in seat? It says airbag on seat so I assume that means it has side airbags.

According to my information, this refers to a passenger side air bag fault. Was the seat out during the other repairs?

If so, this could be as simple as a connector that wasn't hooked up, or it wasn't connect quite right, or, there is a problem between the wiring harness and the passenger side front seat.

passenger (right) side airbag fault, in the seat, not the one in the dash

There is no indication that the airbag in the dash is the problem

Hi there - are you checking the connections now?

Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Auto Mechanic
Phone call session started

Thank you for consulting with Just Answer for your automotive needs. I'm happy to send you information and diagrams via email. If you could post your email here, that would be perfect.

you can contact me at***@******.***