Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I changed the camshaft position sensor and my Sequoia still…

I changed the camshaft position...
I changed the camshaft position sensor and my Sequoia still will not start. If i pull spark plugs out I can smell fuel when I try to crank it so I know gas is getting into it. And the battery is charged. And I out on a new fuel filter so the fuel should be clean. When the filter was off fuel will pump when I try to crank so the pump is working. So now I'm lost
3/27/2018
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

what was the code that made you change the sensor and have you checked for spark?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
P0340 was the code. I have not yet checked spark.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Because a misfire code never showed up

standby

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Here are the codes that did show
20180326_211947.jpg2018032...jpg20180326_211939.jpg2018032...jpg20180326_211935.jpg2018032...jpg20180324_140356.jpg2018032...jpg

when you crank the engine is the security light going out?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Security light?

theft light/little red light on dash? key symbol on cluster?

?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Sorry. I'm at work. I called my wife and told her to check the dash cluster and send me a pic. I'm waiting on her.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I don't remember seeing it stay on but can not be sure

ok, thanks

?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No security light. Just check engine, battery, VAC Trac, and Trac off

is there a little red light on the dash anywhere? near the radio or somewhere else?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I do not see any red light on the dash
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Just the battery

again, what about a little red light on the dash somewhere, possibly by the radio?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I sent pics of the cluster. She is double checking and taking a pic of the entire dash but I did not see a red light last night

there has to be a theft light of some sort on that vehicle

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I can see where the light is in the cluster. The car shape with a key. But it is not on. In the picture you can see it in the dial of the speedometer but it is not on

does it come on when the key is turned to the on position(not start)

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Last week my wife was driving it and it literally died while in motion. My wife coasted and stopped on front a business and the tow truck brought it to the house. The gas tank is full but it sounds like it's out if gas.

no, does the key symbol come on with the rest of the light when you turn the key on.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No. It does not come on at all.

ok, so you have an immobilizer fault. standby

you have a bad transponder key coil and it will need to be replaced and the key reprogrammed

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
How do I do that?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Will that cause it to die while driving?

hows it going?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I need to get the transponder coil. I won't be home til tomorrow night unfortunately so this may have to wait til after the holiday.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you for your help

you're very welcome and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you. Ill be here when you are ready

david craig
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic