Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

After putting gas in from a gas and driving 12 miles or so…

Customer Question
After putting gas in...

After putting gas in from a gas and driving 12 miles or so and then putting more gas in at a station. My toyota started running rough and when i go to accelerate it stalls out now it wont idle and i have to keep the motor reved up to get it to run at all and sometimes that doesnt even help

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Consistant

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Station?

The gas station

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was referring to a gas station where i put more fuel in. I thought that maybe water had gotten in the gas can i used to put gas in this morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It will idle a little but as soon as i accelerate it bogs down

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/27/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

Have you taken a fuel sample ?