Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ignition switch will not turn all the way off. I can turn…

Customer Question
Ignition switch will not...

Ignition switch will not turn all the way off

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes I can turn the wheel and I tried it with an old key and a new one, same results

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

04 toyota tacoma

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself. With my foot on the brake, I operate shifter several times. This sometimes works. I have already removed center concell

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/27/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Voltage test the blue/red wire at the shift control relay below the shifter to see if it has and loses voltage as you shift into and out of park. This is the signal to the ignition lock solenoid to allow the key to be removed once the shifter is in park.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris