Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Gas cap was not on and check engine and Trac Off light came…

Gas cap was not...

Gas cap was not on and check engine and Trac Off light came on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2014 Tacoma

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing saw the lights. Read threads and sure enough when I went to check the gas cap it wasn’t on at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Are you trying to clear the code and the light?

Because the gas cap wasn’t on at all. I trust there is no other issue and there is no noticeable symptoms to indicate otherwise.

As long as there are no other issues you can turn the lights out as well as clear the fault code that was set with the cap off simply by disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes. This will turn the lights off. As long as there are no other issue the lights should remain off.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician