Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 toyota corolla le is idling roughly and feels like its…

Customer Question
Hey my 2004 toyota...

Hey my 2004 toyota corolla le is idling roughly and feels like its missing

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

238327 miles and its 1.8 4 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

My dad was working on it and he checked the spark plugs and was going to replace the coil but they werent as bad as he thought

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Im not sure i dont know that much about cars

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
3/26/2018
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

is the check engine light on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
every light is on my brakes and abs light and check engine light is on and then when i start driving the check engine light starts flashing

ok, you have misfires. hard misfires. you need a code reader to get the fault codes. replace the plugs and coil, do a fuel pressure test and check for injector pulse

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay so how much do you think that would cost if i take it to a mechanic

That is not possible to answer. Depending on the results of the fuel pressure test and the injector pulse test, may result in doing a compression test also. it also may result in the replacement of other parts also. Just to replace the plugs and coils are something you can do. To do the fuel pressure test may result in not having to do an injector pulse test and result in replacing the pump.

Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 30 days ago

hows it going?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician