Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm having an issue with my 98 hatchback on a 99 4Runner the…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl I'm having...

Hi Pearl I'm having an issue with my 98 hatchback on a 99 4Runner the brains are different and the wiring is different I was wondering how the wiring goes and what to do if you could help me out that would be great I would be greatly appreciated

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

I had one but it is so small to read. I backed into a tree and busted my glass and bent the 99 hatchback so I went to the junkyard and bought a 98 hatchback I took the brain and the wiring from my old hatchback and wanted to incorporate it into the 98 hatchback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Hatchback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well right now I'm at the stage of trying to figure out wires by color code and also by number and both are not compatible by their year period less than one year apart and there seem to be completely different

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ma'am I think that's about it I am starting to have trouble with I believe is my air condition compressor I am having a severe squeaking sound when I turn the air conditioner on but I can get that fixed by a mechanic I would really rather just get this done because I would like to use my alarm, my roll down window, my windshield wiper and my backlight

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
Pearl is someone supposed to contact me?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/26/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Would you like my wire diagrams to see if that helps?

Do you know the vin# ***** both vehicles?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris