Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2010 camry I disconnected the battery and when I reconnected…

2010 camry I disconnected...

2010 camry I disconnected the battery and when I reconnected it the horn keeps sounding and the car will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery is good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am fixing it myself I tried everything in the owners manual and some things online nothing works

3/25/2018
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician

h​i my name is cliff and i will be helping you today

t​ry this open the driver front door then connect the battery close and lock the door then use the metal key to open the driver door this should shut the alarm off let me know

I tried your method and still no good

ok connect the battery then use the key to lock then unlock the driver door if that do not work try the key in the trunk

still no good

do you have an after market security system install in the car ??

I do not know .I am trying now to find out

it sounds like you do because the factory alarm do not shut the car down . normally they put the control unit form the system under the steering wheel area it will be a small block box fine it and disconnect it then the car will start

3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician
can't find the box and the owner doesn't know if it's aftermarket
I found a small box with a couple of lights on it .I disconnected it and still no good. There was a fuse near it and I pulled it out and the car started. Thank You for your help.

your welcome