Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2007 camry with the 2.4l engine. After I drive the…

I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 camry with the 2.4l engine. After I drive the car and shut it off for 5 minutes it cranks but doesn't start. It's not throwing any codes. I've changed the fuel pump, coils, filter, regulator, dampner, MAFS, coolant and crank sensor and injectors. What else could it be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

It's doesn't appear to be leaking. Are you referring to a block in the fuel rail?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am. Besides all of the parts swapped out as mentioned before that's it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I spray starter fluid into the air intake it starts. The pressure is down by 20 psi. That's all that I know.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ok

So at this point, we know that it's a fueling issue. The pressure going down that far can either be another bad pump or there is too much fuel going back to the tank from a bad pressure regulator.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ok. I have a warrantee on the pump and regulator that I installed. so I should return both and start from scratch?

Sounds like what I would do too, good idea.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep this link in case you need me again later on. Follow up questions are free.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
thanks

You're welcome, thank you too.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor