Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 07 Toyota Sienna. Misses some times. The eltronic…

I have a 07...

I have a 07 Toyota Sienna. Misses some times. The eltronic scan came back as all 6 cylinders are missing. Thought it was plugs but was told it could be the ingnition control mod.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet, was going to buy plugs today but in light of this new info didn’t. Yes I was going to attempt this myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Check engine light

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so. Thanks

3/25/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Random codes like that can also be a bad CRANK sensor, vacuum leak or plugged exhaust. There are some good tests that can be done to confirm which it is.

A scan tool for looking at freeze frame data is the first place to look. MODE 6 is the next place.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Is this “moose”

This is Ron.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep our link in case you need me again.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
What is mode 6

That is one of the functions of the scan tool that gives you pass/fail data and how close the numbers are to each other.

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
one more, if a plug is ceased up in your experience how or what is best method to losses them

I always drill it out and re-tap/re-thread the hole, then put oil in the hole so the metal shavings float, then get the shavings out with a long magnet.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate em 5 stars now and keep our link. I don't get credit for helping you unless you rate me:)

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor