Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 07 Toyota Sienna. Misses some times. The eltronic…

I have a 07...

I have a 07 Toyota Sienna. Misses some times. The eltronic scan came back as all 6 cylinders are missing. Thought it was plugs but was told it could be the ingnition control mod.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet, was going to buy plugs today but in light of this new info didn’t. Yes I was going to attempt this myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Check engine light

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so. Thanks

3/25/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Random codes like that can also be a bad CRANK sensor, vacuum leak or plugged exhaust. There are some good tests that can be done to confirm which it is.

A scan tool for looking at freeze frame data is the first place to look. MODE 6 is the next place.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Is this “moose”

This is Ron.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep our link in case you need me again.

What is mode 6

That is one of the functions of the scan tool that gives you pass/fail data and how close the numbers are to each other.

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

one more, if a plug is ceased up in your experience how or what is best method to losses them

I always drill it out and re-tap/re-thread the hole, then put oil in the hole so the metal shavings float, then get the shavings out with a long magnet.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate em 5 stars now and keep our link. I don't get credit for helping you unless you rate me:)

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor