Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The master warning light came on with the check engine

The master warning light...

The master warning light came on with the check engine light

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't really tried anything, just turned it off and on again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Seems to run fine

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

When ANY light comes on like that, it means that codes are stored in at least one of the computers. This means that you need to have the codes read with a code reader or even better yet, a scan tool that will give us more than codes, we'll get data too that's very important to have.

Most parts stores will read the codes for free with only a code reader, but it is a start.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

The car sounds fine, it ran fine when i first started then the lights came on after i had been driving. Still seemed to drive fine after the lights came on. But you are telling me I need to get the codes read before you can really help me?
thank you, ***** ***** it in

You're welcome, thank you too and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep this link in case you need me again.

I don't get credit for helping you unless you rate me:)

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

The code came up as POA80 the battery pack needs replacing, is there any chance this is the 12v battery? The battery appears to be charging as I drove the car home when this first came on.

It could be, but the whole system requires testing to be certain.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep this link.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor