Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It won't shut off. I tried holding the start button down for…

Customer Question
It won't shut off...

It won't shut off. I tried holding the start button down for several seconds, but nothing happened The button seems to be dead. Help!

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Hold on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

It's an 07 prius

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

My son is trying, He held the start button down for five seconds. He waited a second or two, then pressed it down again twice , rapidly. Nothing happened.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. I think I explained everything.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

When you have an answer, call me on the phone, pls. (***) ***-****.

3/25/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 3 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, I see you have been waiting a while for a response, was the problem resolved or do you still need help with this?

Need help

When you get in the car with the key in the slot, press the button twice without stepping on the brake, does the light go orange and do the dash lights turn on?