Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 tacoma 3.6ltr 5 spd manuel trans won't start no

Customer Question
clicking sound, lights, radio work...
2001 tacoma 3.6ltr 5 spd manuel trans won't start no clicking sound, lights, radio work can this mean the start er is bad?
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Toyota
3/24/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 27 days ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

It can mean the starter is bad but it can also mean that there is no voltage getting to the starter, do you have a volt/ohm meter or a 12 volt testlight to check the starting circuit.

A couple of possible problems:

Low battery voltage

Loose or corroded battery connections

Bad starter relay

Defective clutch start switch ( if it's a 4x4 try using the clutch start over ride switch)

Open circuit in starter solenoid

Looking forward for your reply.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Battery cables cleaned .new clutch safety switch replaced will have to check other options in a hr or so.How do I get you when I check them?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Do I call costumer service to cancel .I didnt think it was going to cost me this much to ask this question v

Leave the question open and just reply here again. If any problem just log in and go to "my questions".

Check to make sure voltage is getting to the clutch switch. If ok, disconnect the starter solenoid wire, depress the clutch all the way down and check for voltage at the solenoid wire.

How much are you being charged?

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech