Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The traction control skid light intermittently blinks at…

Customer Question
The traction control skid...

The traction control skid light intermittently blinks at times we had codes ran and changed left wheel speed sensor and wire and still happening it happens multiple times when driving have slow down until it goes out we have no other lights no and light no check engine light just trying see where to go next. Wheel bearing? Gas cap? I read zero point calibration I'm at a loss and there's no lift on the truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Just blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2008 Toyota tundra 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes my husband is he has changed left speed sensor and got new wire he has checked wiring with multi meter he is an electrician by trade he is thinking wheel bearing I think maybe other sensors or abs module but and lights not on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have 4 or 5 codes the came up I don't know if they combined are the problem do you want me send them

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
I see that no one has responded to you with an answer. This is a very complex problem. Do you have all of the malfunction code numbers and can you post them back here.
C0205
C1241
C1331
C1340
P0456
let me Do some research on this and I'll get back to you. Do you have the vehicle identification number available so I can check a few things on that side of it
5TBBV54168S494408
Give me some time to look into this I'll get back to you
Ok thanks.
If he clears all of the codes and retest it after one drive cycle or to drive cycles do all the same codes come back or just the 205 and 1331 codes? Did he own test each individual wire from the sensor through the sub harness through the main harness back to the ABS actuator with the connector disconnected? It should be less than .4 ohms from end-to-end on each wire going to the sensor.
We don't know how to reset we had auto parts store scan it for us. He was going try a zero point calberation is that a resetting or can you tell us how manually reset and I can take it back be rescanned. He is working until this evening so I will ask him if he tested those wires etc and get back to you
Remove both battery cables and touch them together isolated from the battery for about 5 minutes that will reset the system. Then recheck for codes after you drive it.
We reset it and dud 2 drive cycles just had it read again and codes are C1241 and C1331 any idea what to check now

In my previous reply there was a typo it should of said did he ohm test the wires from one end to the other end i.e. from the computer pin to the pin at the sensor on each wire? Is there less than .4 ohms of resistance from end to end and there is no resistance on any of the two wires to ground?

He can't get the plug off on the computer end any advice on this?

It has a lock tab on the end of the connector. release and slide or pull the lever and the connector will rise up and unlock from the end of the computer. I'll see if I can find a picture showing how to do it. It doesn't take much force and the end of the connector slides out about a half an inch to release the connector from the computer.

Shoot me a picture of the connector there are a couple of options so I can see what system he has.

I will send a pic after work around 5:00

ok

We took it to the Toyota garage and after spending couple hours there they can back and said that a piece of the old sensor was stuck inside where the new one we put it was so hoping this has fixed the issue. Just thought you might want to know since such strange thing going on with the truck.

Thanks for the update that would make sense.