Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2002 celica gt. Won't start, good battery but no sounds or…

Customer Question
2002 celica gt. Won't start...
2002 celica gt. Won't start, good battery but no sounds or chimes when cranking or dash lights when attempting to start. Played with buttons on alarm remote and started but not again. Alarm keeps going off and blowing horn relays. Had to disconnect battery to stop alarm. Please help!
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

I will try to help on this issue

Click on link to view THE PDF FILE FOR the wiring circuit for the starting system for your vehicle ,I Have Highlighted in Yellow for you the fuse and relays and circuit we need checked .

Now the alarm is going off , If we have weak battery it will trigger security system and computer will disable the power to starter ,so lets check that first , to see do we have starting part bad or security preventing power to starter

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Click on link to view the symptom chart for our security system to see what applies here and what we need checked

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician