Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2008 SIENNA,3.5 REAR WIRES PULLED OUT OF CAM SENSOR THEY ARE…

Customer Question
2008 SIENNA,3.5 REAR WIRES...

2008 SIENNA,3.5 REAR WIRES PULLED OUT OF CAM SENSOR THEY ARE BLACK/WHITE STRIPE,BLUE WHITE STRIPE,AND YELLOW NEED TO KNOW FROM LEFT TO RIGHT(FIREWALL SIDE

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

CAMSHAFT SENSOR AT REAR ON TOYOTA SIENNA,3.5 PULLED OUT WHILE DOING SPARK PLUGS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES IAM, A ASE TECH... CANT FIND ANY DIAGRAM ON THIS MODEL

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THAT IS AL

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/23/2018
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

NO..THIS ONE IS AT THE FIREWALL ON DRIVER SIDE,IT IS THE VVTI /CAMSHAFT SENSOR,MOUNTED AT THE BACK OF THE VALVE COVER,YOU HAVE TO REMOVE INTAKE TO SEE THIS ONE...

thats the ONLY one with those wire colors man

WHAT YOU DESCRIBE IS THE FRONT ONE NEXT TO THE RADIATOR,THIS IS THE FIREWALL SIDE....THE ONES YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WITH THOSE COLORS DO YOU HAVE A PLUG ORDER FOR THEM?
HI AGAIN.. IT HAS TO BE THAT DIAGRAM IT...ITS THE ONLY ONE!...WITH THOSE COLORS..AFTER STUDYING.. ITS JUST MINE SHOWS IN THE BACK
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What you're looking at is a variable valve timing actuator position sensor. Facing the terminal end of the connector with the lock tab up, pin 1 is on the left, 3 on the right. Pin 1 is black/white, pin 2 is blue/white, pin 3 is yellow.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.