Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

HELP! 2003 Toyota Tundra { 6-cyclinder } about 1 wk ago

Customer Question
Please HELP ! 2003...

Please HELP ! 2003 Toyota Tundra { 6-cyclinder } about 1 wk ago someone thought i would get a kick out of opening my hood and seeing that almost all my relays had been taken from fuse panel under my hood.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

191,000, i replaced most of the relays, and "YES", the truck did start and run fine. however, had a few other problems,IE...my truck has been hot-wired and a few other things, Truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wouldn't start one day, Starter Burned Up, replaced Starter, Truck started and ran fine....! blew couple of fuses, replaced fuses, Then Truck would "Crank" but not turn over ( Start ). Would crank like crazy, but not start, like not getting any fuel...So, since almost ALWAYS running on EMPTY these days, figured Trash in the Fuel Filter, So, took Fuel Filter off, pounded on cement, blew through one end til could feel my breath thru otherside...then before replacing Filter back on vehicle, too be sure i'm getting gas too the Filter, Tried Cranking to get gas too filter, however,... No Gas..! So I figured/..Fuel Pump !!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Priced Fuel Pump..and it was $1.00 more than i had left out of my S.S.I Check from the beginning of the month...So, I borrowed the $1.00, bought the Fuel Pump..! Before attempting to put fuel pump on vehicle, and Being sure that's the Problem (and NOT an over looked FUSE )

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/24/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is Peter and I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your isue , I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to help you with your question.

I'm sorry for your headache sounds like a dilly.I can give you diagrams and pics from our shop manuals if needed but what I think we need to do is make sure all fuses and fuse-able-links are in good shape, there are two fuse blocks to check and the fuse-able-links are the larger square ones with the clear tops. they are harder to check. I usually use a light and magnifying glass and look for a break or discoloration . In your case don't leave one fuse unchecked because you don't know what those *=%# did . If you need any further assistance let me know .

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

hi Peter my name is ***** ***** I got your response to my question regarding the 2003 Toyota Tundra and the fuse problem at least that's what I think !
In your response, you say you can provide diagrams and pictures from shop Manuel. I would appreciate if you could do so. As well, in your response you also mentioned fusible links. That is of interest to me because in my fuse box under the hood, there's a block that is dead, it's like a wire coming into the bottom of it has no power coming to it and that's the one that has the central opening ???? Fuse, please provide pic's from shop manual, diagrams and anything that you may have on fuse-able link and/or in-line fuses...I personally Believe that the problem is there..!
Friends if mine, and I few other people say, be" Computer's fried", even before they hear all things !

Ok will do so after supper . I can give you the location of those fuse-able-links. If the battery was recently replaced and or jumped it may have blown one especially the ALT or MAIN one. They are sometimes difficult to check so I use a magnifying glass pen light and look for dis-colorization or a break in the middle.

here are the relay locations , I would check the fuel pump relay operation, make sure it is getting triggered with the ignition switch fist and check it has two power sources let me know.