Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

C1231 code. It will not reset. Exact code is c1231. 2016…

Customer Question
Yes it will not...

Yes it will not reset. Exact code is c1231

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2016 Toyota Prius V

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to know what sensor he is speaking about. He says sensors needs to be replaced

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello am I going to get an answer
3/23/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 month ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

H​ello, the code is for the steering angle sensor, it may need to be replaced or possibly just re calibrated, this code can also come up after there is any kind of front end repair or if an alignment has been done and the sensor is not re calibrated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Steering angle has been recalibrated. Code still there. Your saying steering angle sensor??? What is the part #
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Toyota says yaw sensor. Steering angle as far as I know is part of clockspring....

The code you provided earlier is for the steering angle sensor, the yaw rate/deceleration sensor would be a different code, I'm only going by the code you stated earlier and the definition of the code.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im stating that Toyota says for the code I sent you. Is the yaw sensor. Your saying steering angle sensor. I want to know the part # your saying. I agree with you. But Toyota is trying to sale is us the yaw.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already diag this as the steering angle sensor prior to creating this account... but they can't seem to find a part # for it.

Thanks for the clarification, are you interested in an aftermarket sensor or only OEM from Toyota?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oem

Ok, I'll be back.

I need the VIN#

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jtdzn3eu1gj055549

O​k, did a little research, the steering angle sensor is incorporated into the spiral cable (clock spring) I got this part number from a Toyota dealer for your VIN# *****

Please keep in mind that the new sensor will still need to be calibrated.

The price at a local dealer (southern calif) is $506. 00

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you! That's exactly what I already told them! Thanks for confirming!!!

Y​ou're welcome, please take a moment to rate my service positively it is much appreciated, thanks and thank you for using the site.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech