Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The sunroof opened with the key in the door but not with the…

Customer Question
The sunroof opened with...

The sunroof opened with the key in the door but not with the switch and now I cant close it

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

The key works fine but the switch itself isn't working it makes a clicking noise but that's it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2004 limited sequoia

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bought the car yesterday and was playing lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just need to close it it is tilted not opened all the way

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Toyota
3/23/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have not fixed it as of yet
Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 25 days ago

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

lets try this master reset below first

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .

2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )

3- Wait 30 min

4- Close all doors and trunk

5- Reconnect Battery Positive First

6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door

Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock

7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician