Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 Precedent.When i press speed pedal to the

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 Precedent.When i press speed pedal to the floor, the cart accelerates to max speed briefly then slows down to approximately half speed and holds there even though i keep the pedal to the floor

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Its electric

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

INgersoll rand club car precedent serial #PQ0740-823038

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will be fixing myself Havent tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Orums i have read say its the potentionator located below the seat

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/22/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Is the check engine light on? I would assume with this type of an issue that the check engine light is going to be on, but even if not getting OBD II scan tool that's capable of reading real-time sensor values and look at the throttle position sensor reading to see where it thinks the throttle is and then slowly press the throttle all the way to the floor and make sure that it linearly increases to 100% without dropping out in the middle or anything weird. Obviously you're going to do this with the engine not running.Then you want to start the vehicle and read the mass airflow sensor reading at idle and then hold RPM at 2000 RPM and read the value at 2000 RPM while the vehicle stationary.The mass airflow sensor should be reading approximately three and a half grams per second of air idle and 10 1/2 grams per second of air at 2000 RPM if it's reading in a different scale then you can use Google to do the math just go to the search bar and type. Just go to the search bar and type. xx kg/hr = ? g/sec and then verify that the readings are near what I stated.