Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a red triangle with a black exclamation point in the…

I have a red...

I have a red triangle with a black exclamation point in the middle of it. It lit up along with the maintenance required sign. What can this mean?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The master warning light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Good question. 2013 toyota sienna

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything. my wife is on the road with the car, which seems to be running fine. timewise and maintenance-wise it should not need any routine maintenance.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Thank you very much.

3/22/2018
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

The master warning light is probably coming on because the maintenance required light is on. The maintenance required light comes on every 5000 miles to remind you to rotate the tires and change the oil. If that was already done and you know for certain that you are not do it's very possible that they forgot the reset it. When she can get to a safe place have her make sure that the odometer is set to trip A then the button that you used to switch it from ODO to trip A and trip B needs to be pressed and held in while you turn the key on. The display will count down a bunch of dashes then say complete. Depending on your specific display some of them set to all zeros then goes off. So the procedure is as follows make sure it's on trip A turn the key off or smart button off press and hold the button that changes between the three modes for the ODO and trip A and trip B hold it in power the system on either push the start button so that all the instrument lights come on or turn the key to the on position not start and the procedure will take over. Once that resets the maintenance light see if the master trying warning light goes out it should provide there's no other problems with the car. Let me know if you need any other detailed information regarding this issue. If you do reply back and I'll get back to you. Otherwise please do not forget to rate the assistance I provided to you this evening at three or higher and a five would be awesome. Thank you

Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
That worked. My wife thanks you & I thank you. I gave you an excellent rating. Have a good night.

You are welcome. Glad to help. Have a great evening.