Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006, triangle warning and check engine light. :( On. Ooh…

2006, triangle warning and...

2006, triangle warning and check engine light. :(

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

On

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Toyota?

Ooh good question, a plain vanilla one :)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nope, stuck on side of rode. actually my little sister is. she is texting me about it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Road, :)

3/21/2018
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

H​ello, since you mentioned a triangle warning light I assume this is a Prius, there is not much you or your sister can do at this time, no quick or easy answer, when this happens it will need to be towed to a shop or dealer that can work on a hybrid vehicle to be diagnosed.

ok

You're welcome and best of luck.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech