Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Rear window of Sequoia tries to go up, but cant. 12. Trying.

Customer Question
Rear window of Sequoia...

Rear window of Sequoia tries to go up, but cant

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sequoia?

12

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying. Jiggled the wiper to be sure seated. no change I also took off the rear panel, but i can't see anything obvious it "tries" (goes up like a cm, but drops back down)

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Wiper work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It went down perfectly (hence I doubt a fuse). Motor has power, as it tries to push it up, but can't, so "gives up" and goes to resting position.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/20/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Kavey, Shop Owner replied 4 months ago
Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Well fortunately (and unfortunately) your circumstances make it pretty easy to diagnose. Either something is broken in the linkage or the motor is just too weak to roll it up. The fortunate part is they sell both of these parts together as an assembly so it really doesnt matter.

Replacing the motor assembly will fix it either way. For what its worth it probably is just a weak motor. That happens. They dont get used very often and just "go bad" over time.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks