Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The forward and back motion on seat does not work (l) 2011…

Customer Question
The forward and back...

The forward and back motion on seat does not work (l)

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2011 sienna w/leather seats power

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?

Switch and now it seams that the motor that controls this function is not working.they are telling me i need to replace whole track with motor

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

137650 automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/20/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Who is telling you that you have to track and motor assembly? Who diagnosed this? Do you have any way of checking for voltage or you just looking for general opinions as to what could be going on? Do any of the others seat functions work?

my husband checked voltage and the motor that works the forward and back that has a worm screw in it does not function.power going to but not working
Do the other Motors function normally? Did he check the wires for the ground side of that forward and back motor?
all other functions work
the dealership comented that it was probally the motor and the only way it came is with track and motor for 647.14
The only way to know for 100% certainty is to disconnect the connector to the electric motor that makes it go forward and back. Then get a battery with two jumper wires and Supply Power and ground directly to the motor and see if you can smack it with a rubber mallet and get it to start working. Sometimes the brushes in the electric motor will stick causing it to not move until you jar the motor. Or I have also seen where the motor will drive all the way up against the screw track and jam. If you can get it ratchet or vise grips on the screw track far enough up and try and turn it as you're trying to apply power and ground to make it unstick it may not just be the motor it may be stuck on the worm gear. Try reversing the polarity and smack the motor again. Unfortunately I don't have good news for you if the motor is in fact bad the only way to get it is with the entire seat track assembly. You might consider finding a used one. If you need any other detailed information regarding this issue feel free to reply and I will get back to you. Otherwise if you have not done so please do not forget to rate the assistance I provided to you today at 3 or higher and a 5 would be awesome thank you.