Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 Toyota sequoia dtc c1360, c1203, 0031, p0051 and p0420…

2004 Toyota sequoia dtc...
2004 Toyota sequoia dtc c1360, c1203, 0031, p0051 and p0420
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

How much detail do you require on the code numbers? Do you know the definitions of the code numbers? Are you a repair facility or private owner?

hi, yes i know the definition, repair facility

You can save me a lot of typing if you can let me know specifically what is your question about this combination of codes?

before i replace the sensors and cat want a second opinion, I'm trying to send a pic but for some reason i can't
Alright the 1360 code has to do with the master cylinder pressure sensors if you're certain there's no air in the lines you're probably going to find the sensors are bad they do fail on this particular year. That being said on to the air fuel ratio / oxygen sensors. These codes only will set when the computer does not see current flow on the heater portion of the sensor. Do you have 12 volts to the heater in the sensor and coming out of the heater in the sensor side of the oxygen sensor do you have 12 volts back to the computer where the computer then Duty Cycles are pulses the ground?
i have readings on the sccaner for the o2 sensors, does this mean i have 12v.
No the readings on the sensor side of the information from the scan tool is not the heater circuit. You have to back probe the heater circuit power supply look at your wiring diagram find out the wire color coding and disconnect the connector make sure you have 12 volts there then it will flow through the heater element in the sensor then back out to the computer. You should have 12 volts on both sides of that circuit with the connector plugged in by back probing those two wires. When you turn the key on and start it up within five seconds that voltage to the computer should start to drop down to about two volts. If it does not the driver in the computer is bad if it starts to pulse then you know it's working properlyif you have no voltage coming out of the oxygen sensor then it will have to be replaced. Do this for both Banks pre Catalyst sensors. Then you're probably going to find that the 420 code is still there it's probably a bad catalytic converter. Air fuel ratio sensor. Even a bad rear oxygen sensor. Typically will not set a 420 code
If you need any other specific information feel free to reply and I will get back to you. Otherwise if you have not done so please do not forget to rate the assistance I provided to you today at 3 or higher and a 5 would be awesome thank you.
very good thats exactly what i needed to know, i like testing not guessing , did i mention i also have dtc C1203?

Yes that code will set by default it is basically telling you that the vehicle skid control computer noticed a malfunction in the engine control computer and that's because of the codes that you already know about.

Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
okay thank you
You are welcome.
hello, question? when you say replacing the cat for the p0420 do i need to replace both?

No just the bank one cat that is the drivers side cat on this car. not both unless you get a P0430. That is bank 2.

okay good

:)