Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When i put my key in amd turn it to acc it makes a chime…

Customer Question
Hi. When i put...

Hi. When i put my key in amd turn it to acc it makes a chime noise for about 10 sec.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Its in park

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Toyota?

Rav4 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it just started making the noise yesterday.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/20/2018
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Are any of the doors open when you turn the key to ACC ?

No. It happens when i start it and when i cut it off. Its like a tiny alarm going off in my steering wheel area. Its not the chimes when the door us open or when i dont have my seatbelt on. Its different.

It could be in the switches if that is coming from the steering wheel area, what you can do to isolate this is disconnect the connectors going to the signal switch and try that , do not disconnect the yellow air bag connector at this time or it may deploy. It's always good to disconnect the neg post of the battery for a bout 15 sec before working around any SRS systems

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.