Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a question. Buying a used car and need some good

I have a question...

I have a question. Buying a used car and need some good mechanic advice.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Looking at buying a 2009 Toyota Tundra limited edition 4x4. 130,000 miles. Wanted to know estimated life span on these.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was wanted mechanic advice on purchasing a Tundra. Don’t own one yet. Want to know if they are mechanically sound and estimated life expectancy on them

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all I can think of

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/995306713971972
Link to vehicle info added
3/19/2018
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Hey Roy, sounds great. I appreciate it. I’ve always been a dodge guy and was looking at a Ram with only 50K miles but wouldn’t mind a Tundra for the right deal. They look good and this one seems nice but miles seemed high to me and I’m unsure of how life on these 2009 tundras are

ok, Life is about 200-300k on mileage but that all depends on the care it had prior to your purchase.

do they have all the service records on the truck?

have you checked car fax for any accidents??

Roy

Ten four. I will see if they have all that info. I’d they changed oil regularly and no accidents then 200-300k sounds pretty good

good one for long life. need to keep up on all the services.

if you purchase it, change all the fluids off the bat and use that as a base line for your services.

Roy

Ten four. Will do. Should I take to dealership to have it looked at before purchasing?

definitely have someone look at it. it does not have to be dealership. as long as someone checks all the items on the truck and look for defects.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

do you have any other questions??

thank you